INSTRUCTION TO THE CONTIRIBUTORS
- THE INDIAN VETERINARY JOURNAL (Official organ of the Indian Veterinary Association) publishes papers of original work as full papers, clinical articles and short communications on Veterinary, Animal Husbandry and Fishery Sciences. It also serves as a medium of news regarding the veterinary profession and deals with issues of professional importance from time to time through its editorial columns.
- Papers are accepted for publication on the clear understanding that :
a) They have neither been published or being considered for publication elsewhere. All the authors should sign a certificate to this effect in respect of each article sent for publication. Names, qualifications, full addresses and Email ID of all authors must be provided while submitting the articles. Details of the corresponding author and the address of the place where the work has been carried out must be clearly mentioned.
b) The research work has been carried out with the approval of the Institutional Ethics Committee as per the laws in force in the country in which it has been conducted. A certificate to this effect should be signed by all authors. The authors should get written permission from concerned authorities for publishing articles on emerging and exotic diseases.
c) All authors are jointly and severally responsible to the various authorities for the contents of the articles. The Editorial Committee shall not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever to the contents of the article and the views and interpretations expressed by the authors in the articles. All disputes regarding any legal proceeding pertaining to the journal shall be within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Judicature at Chennai.
- Aprocessing fee of each Rs. 150/- for Indian and US$ 15 for foreign article must be sent along with the article in the form of a DD or International Cheque drawn in favour of The Editor, Indian Veterinary Journal, payable at Chennai. Payment of processing fee will not ensure publication of the article. On acceptance of the article for publication, a Publication Charge (Rs. 500/- for an Indian article and US$ 150 for a foreign article) must be sent to The Editor.
- It is mandatory that each Indian author should be a subscriber to the print or online version and a foreign author, to the online version of the Journal. The annual subscription fee is Rs. 500/- for the Indian subscriber and US$ 180 for the foreign subscriber for the print or online version of the Journal.
- Article should be typed in A4 size paper in double space as per the Indian Veterinary Journal format. Two hard copies must be sent to the Editor, Indian Veterinary Journal, 11/7, Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar Road (Chamiers Road), Nandanam, Chennai – 600035, India. Clear prints of figures and photographs in duplicate if any must be sent in glossy print of maxi size.
- The decision of the Editor is final in all matters pertaining to the publication of the articles. Editor has the right to do editorial revision of the accepted articles, restriction of number of pages, tables and figures. No reason shall be given for the non-acceptance of the article. An article once received will not be returned to the author under any circumstances. The copy right shall rest with the Journal and no part of any paper shall be reproduced without specific permission of the Editor.
- Each article received will be allotted a Registration Number. The authors, while sending the revised version of the article based on the comments of the referee, should submit the revised article in duplicate and return the original version along with original comments to the Editor for reference and records. The reviewed articles should be submitted to the IVJ office within 90 days of receipt, failing which the article will not be considered for publication. A demand letter will be sent to the corresponding author for payments such as processing fee (if not already paid), publication charges and arrears of subscription fees. Only on receipt of full clearance of all the payments, the concerned article will be taken up for publication and the author will be informed accordingly.
- Indian Veterinary Journal Format:
· Title; Author(s); Place of work with full address and pin code.
· Full papers: Introduction (with no subtitle), Materials and Methods, Results and Discussions, Summery, Acknowledgement (optional) and References (not to exceed 4 printed pages).
· Clinical articles : Introduction (with no subtitle), Case History and Observations, Treatment and Discussion, Summary, Acknowledgement (optional) and References (not to exceed 3 pages).
· Short Communications: Introduction (with no subtitle), Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Acknowledgement (optional) and References (not to exceed 2 pages).
· The page limits are inclusive of figures, photographs and tables.
- Citing references: In the text, references should be cited by names of the authors followed by the year of publication in parenthesis. In case of more than two authors, the name of the first author must be followed by et al. For the references repeated in the text, the year must be replaced by loc cit. in successive references. At the end of the text, the references must be furnished in alphabetical order. Each author's name must be followed by initials. Before the name of the last author, the word 'and' must be included. The year of publication must be in parenthesis. The Journal's name must be in in approved abbreviated form and must be in italics. The volume number of the journal must be given in bold letters. It should be followed by a colon and the starting page number. While citing books, the Title of the book, Year, Publisher, Place of Publication, Number of the Edition and the relevant page number must be provided. Website, 'in press' and 'personal communication' should be avoided as references.
- All correspondence regarding the status of the articles must be made with The Editor, Indian Veterinary Journal at the Official Address of the Journal.
The Editor, Indian Veterinary Journal
11, Chamiers Road, Nandanam, Chennai – 6000 035, India.
Phone: 91-44-2435 1006 / 2433 2691. Fax 2433 8894.
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Online Publication of the journal:
D-189, Ramprastha, PO Chander Nagar, Ghaziabad – 201 011. (INDIA)
E mail: email@example.com